Showcase Sunday (28)


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki at Books, Biscuits, and Tea, where we showcase what books we've gotten over the course of the week, whether it be from a book store, bought for your eReader, received from the library, or from the publishers for review.

For Review:


  

  

 


Bought: 


  

 


Same format as last week and the week before for this, because once again I got a big haul this week and don't think any of you would like reading my thoughts for all of them clumped into one long paragraph. You'll still be reading the same amount of words, if not more, but at least with this new format it's stretched out. (Tell me in the comments if you prefer this format or this old one where everything was in one paragraph; I want to know what you guys think.) 

Golden: I've been looking forward to reading this one for quite a while, so I'm thrilled to have gotten an ARC. I have no willpower whatsoever, so I see myself starting this one sometime in March, and I absolutely can't wait. Thanks, Simon and Schuster! 

Starglass: This one sounds awesome, too, and although I'm not the biggest fan of science fiction, I'm beginning to warm up to it and I think I'll really like this one. Thanks, Simon and Schuster! 

The Waking Dark: This was actually going to be my Waiting on Wednesday pick for this week, so I'm ecstatic to have an received an ARC. It sounds so awesome, and I read the first chapter and it was amazing, so I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this one quite a bit. Thanks, Knopf!

Hollow Earth: This one sounds really fun, and there's a glowing-unicorn-moose-thing on the cover, and that's all I really need to know right now. Thanks, Aladdin! Iiiii can show you the wooooorld...

Strangelets: Really excited for this one. It sounds like a YA version of Dean Koontz' Strangers, which I love, so this is definitely at the top of my TBR list. Thanks, Soho!

Transparent: Yay! This was one of my most wanted ARCs that I sent a request on EW for, so I'm thrilled that I got it. I was, oddly enough, declined for everything else, but it's okay, because I re-requested the ones I really wanted (In the After, Arclight, and Reboot), with the hopes that HarperCollins will approve me so I will stop annoying them. Thanks, HarperTeen!

The Dark Between: I honestly know nothing about this, but I'm assuming it's about ghosts, and it mentions Libba Bray in the first sentence of the blurb (and I loved The Diviners), so I'm looking forward to this one. Ghosts are always fun. As long as they don't cross over into Hereafter territory. Then that's no longer fun. Thanks, Knopf!

Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin: This sounds cute, and I read the foreword by the author in the beginning of the book, and it was really interesting, so I'm looking forward to reading this, too. Thanks, Knopf!

Pivot Point: Read it, loved it, bought it so I can have it on my shelves.

Revel: Same as Pivot Point. Read it, loved it, bought it so I can have it on my shelves.

Out of the Easy: Really looking forward to starting this one, considering my awesome friends Ashleigh Paige, Christina, and Kara both loved it.

Wither: I could have sworn I had this before, but I didn't, so I got it. And what a better time to have it than now, now that the entire trilogy is released!

Shatter Me: Admittedly, I wouldn't have bought this if it weren't so cheap for Kindle. Still, I'm going to give this a shot, even though I'm not a fan of the author's prose, and hope for the best. 

What did you get this week? 

Leave a comment letting me know!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!