Showcase Sunday (32)


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki at Books, Biscuits, and Tea, where we showcase what books we've gotten over the course of the week, whether it be from a book store, bought for your eReader, received from the library, or from the publishers for review.

For Review:


 


 


 


Rush: Really looking forward to starting this one soon--I love books with aliens, and with twisted games, so this sounds like quite a bit of fun! But apparently it ends in a huge cliffhanger. Thanks, HarperTeen!

Of Beast and Beauty: I read the first few chapters of this one and they were fantastic. Gorgeous writing. Looking forward to continuing it! Not sure whether this'll be my next Coming Attractions post, or Two Boys Kissing. Let me know in the comments which one you'd rather see! Thanks, Delacorte!

The Bitter Kingdom: Eee, can't wait to start this trilogy! The first book will be my next non-ARC read, and I'm so excited! I've heard such excellent things about this trilogy. Thanks, HarperTeen!

The Living: This sounds really interesting, but I was pretty surprised to find out it was about an earthquake and not a zombie apocalypse. Thanks, Delacorte!

Icons: Not sure what to think of this one. Haven't heard the greatest things about Beautiful Creatures, but I'll go into this one with moderate expectations. Plus, it's about aliens. Thanks, Little Brown!

Siege and Storm: SO excited to read this one. I loved Shadow and Bone when I read it, so I'm looking forward to reading this immensely. (ALSO, the ARC is sexy as hell. Just sayin'.) Thanks, Henry Holt and Co!

The Last Academy: Not sure about this one, but based on the title I'm guessing it's about a boarding school, which is always fun. Thanks, Point!

Some Quiet Place: Honestly, the only thing I know for sure about this book is that the cover is gorgeous. But I think it involves personified emotions, which sounds pretty awesome to me, so I'm in! Thanks, Flux!

What I read this week: 


Golden by Jessi Kirby, 5 stars

*sigh* Guys. I love this book so, so much. Words can't even begin to describe how beautiful and stunning and poignant and affecting this amazing novel is. I'm still speechless. Review to come 4/20. 

Life After Theft by Aprillyne Pike, 3.5 stars

This one really surprised me! I still need to get around to writing my review, but this was really entertaining, but also very touching towards the end, and the last page made me very emotional. As well as that, most of the character development was really great. Review to come 4/13. Once I write it, of course. 

September Girls by Bennett Madison, 1 star

UGH. I can't even with this one. Awful writing, awful characters, and a surprising lack of a plot that doesn't involve penises and the sexcapades of infuriatingly irritating teenagers looking to get laid. UGH. Review to come 4/18.


What did you get this week? 
Leave a comment letting me know!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!