Waiting on Wednesday (April 17)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch.
 The Oathbreaker's Shadow
Amy McCulloch
Series: The Knots Sequence, #1
Release Date: June 4th, 2013
Publisher: Random House
Number of Pages: 416

Add to Goodreads
Fifteen-year-old Raim lives in a world where you tie a knot for every promise that you make. Break that promise and you are scarred for life, and cast out into the desert.

Raim has worn a simple knot around his wrist for as long as he can remember. No one knows where it came from, and which promise of his it symbolises, but he barely thinks about it at all—not since becoming the most promising young fighter ever to train for the elite Yun guard. But on the most important day of his life, when he binds his life to his best friend (and future king) Khareh, the string bursts into flames and sears a dark mark into his skin.

Scarred now as an oath-breaker, Raim has two options: run, or be killed.

A gripping YA action-adventure fantasy, the first part of a planned duology.
Oh, this sounds so awesome and original. And can we take a moment to gush over the awesomeness of the cover, especially the creepy guy hanging around in the background? *takes a moment* I'm so happy that I've been growing to really enjoy fantasy/high fantasy novels lately, considering that was one of my most avoided genres before I started blogging, and this just sounded like an awesome addition to that genre. And it's published by Random House! That pretty much made my day. Now I just hope it shows up on EW so I can snatch it up and start it immediately. 

What are you waiting on?

 Let me know in the comments! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!